The beauty of technology today is that anyone with a smartphone can perform a lot of actions, and get a lot done, using just a few key applications. iPhone Voice Memos is one of those core apps that people around the world use every day to help get things done, remember key details, and a whole lot more. Today, people often use iPhone Voice Memos to record:
- Meetings and conferences
- In-depth interviews and focus groups
- Class lectures
- Grocery lists
- Reminders and to-dos
- Song clips and lyric ideas
If you’re leaving your important recordings as audio files, you’re probably not really taking advantage of the information and statements on hand. Without having text to edit, tweak and re-shuffle, it can be difficult to collect the important pieces of a recording.
Transcribing Your iPhone Voice Memos
Having your recorded iPhone voice memos transcribed is the fastest, easiest way to convert the captured audio information into complete, verbatim, accurate text. Have a recorded voice memo that you need to submit for transcription? Here’s how to do it using our mobile transcription app:
1. Open the Voice Memos app and select the Voice Memo you would like to transcribe. After clicking, you’ll see the memo details window. Click the ‘Share’ icon.
2. A list of apps that integrate with Voice Memos will appear.
If TranscribeMe is not shown among these, click the “More” icon. Find and toggle the switch for TranscribeMe to turn the connection on, then “Done” to continue.
3. Back on the “Share” screen, click the TranscribeMe icon. Click the “Save” button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen to continue.
4. The file you imported will appear with a status of “Waiting…” while it uploads to TranscribeMe. When the file is done uploading, select the “Transcribe” button.
Voila! You’ll be whisked off to place your transcription order from our online portal, and will get your finished Voice Memo transcript within the timeframe selected.
You can download the transcription app right here.
Have any questions about recording or uploading? Feel free to contact our Support Team anytime.