In addition to some pretty powerful mobile apps for on-the-go access, TranscribeMe provides a beautiful, user-friendly Customer Portal. Here, you can upload content, request transcripts, modify and adjust formatting preferences and more to ensure your perfect transcript is produced.
We’re here to walk you through the ins-and-outs and main functionalities of the Customer Portal to make the entire process as simple as possible for your needs.
Here’s how to navigate the Portal:
1. Sign up or log in to your TranscribeMe account.
2. Once logged in, you’ll automatically be taken to the Portal homepage. Here is where you can upload audio and video content from your computer, Dropbox or other media-hosting sites.
3. Looking to the left-hand side of the homepage, you can also organize your uploaded content into custom folders for ease of use.
4. To begin uploading an audio file from your computer, click Select files from my computer or drag and drop it into the highlighted area surrounding the button.
After selecting a file, you’ll see its upload progress on the screen as it’s transferred to the Portal. Video files are generally larger than audio files, so they may take slightly longer to upload.
5. During the upload you can change the details for the recording, such as the name, description, source language and accent. It’s important that you select the right language and accent, as well as include any special terminology in the description box (acronyms, technical language, names, etc) for your file to ensure that your transcript is processed correctly.
6. After the file is uploaded, order your transcript by selecting the Transcribe button, or using the checkboxes and clicking Transcribe at the top of the list of recordings. This will take you to the Order Details page where you will see the total price and change any other details prior to submitting, or use the menu at the top of the page for mass orders.
When you’re satisfied with your option selections, press Continue to proceed.
Note: Show Advanced Options will display selections where you can note the content of your file (Domain), its audio quality (Noisy Audio) and our different types of verbatim available (Transcription Type).
7. Enter your billing information on the secure Payment Details page. After selecting to Continue, you will be able to verify payment details before clicking Confirm to place the order.
8. Once the transcript is completed, you’ll receive an email notification with the format ordered attached and can download the file in the format you’ve ordered (Word .doc, .pdf, HTML, or NVivo-compatible documents).
When you revisit the Portal, download your transcript by clicking Download to the right of your filename and selecting your preferred format.
9. The Filter feature makes it easy to organize your media files and transcripts. Just enter the filter criteria, and click Apply. If you would like to organize your files into folders, you can do so by following these instructions.
10. The Portal also allows you to edit your Account details at any time, including password, payment information and more. Just click through to My Account!
Any questions? Learn more on the TranscribeMe blog and reach out to us at any time.