Do you analyze research videos using NVivo 11 for Windows? If so, NVivo, provides dynamic tools that allow you to quickly reference specific segments of your media files from text transcripts.
Now that TranscribeMe and NVivo have teamed up, ordering these transcripts is easier than ever before. Transcripts can be ordered directly through your NVivo project and will be delivered to the same place upon completion.
Please note NVivo 11 Starter does not integrate with TranscribeMe, due to audio and video files not being supported by that product; more information on the differences between NVivo 11 Starter and NVivo 11 for Windows can be found here.
This blog post will walk you through the process of purchasing transcripts of your media files through NVivo 11 for Windows.
1. Create a new project in NVivo 11 for Windows.
2. Right-click in the center of the screen. Select “Import,” and click “Import Audio” or “Import Video” depending on which type of file you’re submitting.
3. Select which audio or video file you would like transcribed. After you have selected a video, a window called “Audio Properties” or “Video Properties” will open. You can use this window to rename the media file or provide any details about your recording, like special terminology used.
4. After you click “OK” in the properties window, your file will upload to NVivo. Once the upload is complete, the file will appear in your “Internals” list.
5. Next, right-click on the file name and select “Purchase Transcript.”
6. Selecting “Purchase Transcript” will bring up the “TranscribeMe Authenticator” window–this window authorizes the linking of TranscribeMe and NVivo. If you have already registered with TranscribeMe, you can enter your login details, click “Authorize,” and skip ahead to Step 12 of this walkthrough. If you are a new user, click “Create Account” to proceed to the registration process.
7. To register, enter your email address in the bottom right of the screen beneath the heading “Create Your Account.” Click “Sign Up” to proceed.
8. From here, you will receive an authentication email. Click the activation link to continue the registration process.
9. Clicking the activation link will bring you to the Registration Details page. Fill out the necessary information and click “Register.”
10. Clicking “Register” will bring you to a confirmation page. From here you can return to NVivo and “Authorize” TranscribeMe.
11. Authorize the linking of your TranscribeMe account with NVivo by entering your login details and clicking “Authorize.”
12. Once you are signed into TranscribeMe, the “TranscribeMe Transcript Order” window will appear. Here you can select whether your file is single or multispeaker, your preferred turnaround time, the language of your audio file, and you can also apply any promo code you may have. After you have made your selections, click “Submit Order.”
13. After you have clicked “Submit Order,” a window will open in NVivo called “TranscribeMe Order Confrimation” displaying your final costs. Click “OK” to confirm the order, and your file will begin uploading to TranscribeMe for transcription.
14. When your file has finished uploading, you will receive an email from TranscribeMe titled “One More Step Before We Can Transcribe.” Click the link reading “complete the payment process” to proceed to the Payment Details page.
15. The payment process concludes with the Payment Details page. Fill out all required fields and click “Continue.” This will bring you to a final “Order Confirmation” page where you can confirm all details. Click “Pay & Confirm Order” and you’re all set.
16. You will receive an email receipt from TranscribeMe titled “Transcription Order Received via NVivo” that confirms your order is in progress.
17. Once transcription is complete, you will receive an email from TranscribeMe titled “Your transcription order [filename] is complete!”
18. Once you have received this email, simply reopen NVivo (or, if the program is already open, right-click in the center of the screen and select “Refresh”) and your transcript will automatically appear in your project! The audio will sync with the transcript, so that you will be able to easily navigate through your media with fully-searchable text!
We have now covered the major steps from creating a new project in NVivo 11 for Windows to ordering a transcript. If you have any questions about using TranscribeMe with NVivo 11 for Windows, please contact support@TranscribeMe.com, and we will be glad to assist you!