One major thing that all podcasters should be doing, but many aren’t, is to transcribe podcasts. While the text version of your recorded audio show may not seem like the most necessary plan-of-action, there are a ton of benefits that are often overlooked. For instance, podcast transcripts lead to:
- Improved search engine optimization (SEO) and podcast traffic thanks to easier online searchability in text form.
- Better accessibility and inclusive for non-native speakers, times when playing audio is not an option, and especially for those with hearing disabilities.
- More simple ways to share, be quoted and get credited by outside sources that can always be traced back to your show.
This American Life tested out publishing audio transcripts of their podcast archive just to see how the transcripts affected things. Among other interesting findings, they saw that 7.23% of all unique visitors viewed at least one transcript on the site, and that new inbound traffic from search increased by 6.68% (directly attributable to the transcript pages).
What does this mean for other podcasters out there? Get transcripts, and get them now!
How to Get Transcripts of Your Podcasts
Our affordable transcription services are ideal for podcasters who want to improve their search rankings and downloads. With a mix of advanced speech technology and expert human transcribers, your transcribed podcasts are always produced at the highest quality, and formatted to perfection.
1. Sign up or log in to your account. You’ll see the main homepage that allows you to upload recorded audio content.
2. Upload your podcast audio file by clicking the “Select files from my computer” button and choosing the file you wish to submit — you’ll see a real-time upload status to see where your file is during the process.
3. Once the file is uploaded, order your transcript by clicking Transcribe. This will take you to the Order Details page, showing you the total price and details that can be edited.
4. After verifying payment and other details, and confirming your order, you’ll receive your finished podcast transcripts within the time specified.
Ready to start reaching a wider audience by transcribing your podcast shows? Sign up with TranscribeMe today!
This piece has been adapted from an article originally published on December 12, 2016.