When it comes to market research, confidentiality is of utmost importance due to the sensitive nature of the information involved. On the one hand, consenting individuals share their personal opinions and experiences; ethically, this requires the protection of their privacy and personal data. Whereas on the other hand, the insights obtained through market research is of great value to the organization behind it, hence the double requirement to handle it with confidence.
There are five different methods that businesses typically use to conduct market research:
- Personal Interviews – one-on-one sessions with unstructured questions that provide good, qualitative data.
- Observation – a blind-shadowing of consumers to witness their behavior in action, removing the effect of influencing actions due to conscious observation.
- Focus Groups – a moderator-led group discussion with pre-scripted questions.
- Field Trials – experimenting with a new product to try it out with real-life customers for live feedback.
- Surveys – a short and simple questionnaire given to a target group for answering online, in person, on the phone or via mail. The larger the sample size, the more reliable quantitative information is collected.
The key to getting good findings from market research is choosing the most appropriate method for the desired outcome. Do you need facts and figures, or are you more interested in behavioral insights? Transcription is a useful tool for all of these methods as it provides a means to maintaining accurate records of the research in digital format. It also allows the focus to remain on obtaining a sample size of statistical significance.
Some examples where transcription provides incomparable value through the conversion of audio into searchable and shareable text include:
- In-depth Interviews, including those with multi-speakers
- Focus Group recordings
- Commentaries from observation trials
- Interactive Voice Response open-ended answers
- Research Document Translation
- Audio & Video e-Discovery
At TranscribeMe, we value the importance of respecting the privacy requirements for all the voice recordings and market research-related data our clients entrust us with. We have a number of security measures in place to guarantee information confidentiality.
To start with, we segment each project into microtasks that are then assigned according to expertise on a blind and independent basis. This way, no one person works on the entire audio file and the team members are not connected with each other either. Furthermore, our expert transcriptionists are accustomed to signing an NDA agreement whenever requested. You can also count on us to fulfill any privacy requirements you are obliged to comply with such as with GDPR regulations.
For added security, all information exchanged through our sophisticated workforce management platform is encrypted. Where further requirements are needed to keep data within a specified geo-location, we can also accommodate this using geo-fencing and other location-based restriction filters. Our global network of trained specialists means we also have the professional linguistic capacity for high-quality translations.
We also pride ourselves on going one step further with our confidential transcription services by integrating the latest in AI speech recognition technology. Through working closely with machine learning models, we deliver accurate transcription services with a quick turnaround time.
In addition, audio can be recorded and submitted for transcription on our iOS and Android smartphone applications, or even be connected through your Dropbox account. These app integrations increase the comfort and usability of audio recording while improving the practicality and access of our services as per your needs without compromising on confidentiality.
Ready to join the rest of our international clientele that confide in us to deliver reliable, confidential transcription services at affordable prices? Get in touch with our sales team today for a custom quote!